Young Muslims Compeitions 2023Quiz, Azaan, Calligraphy and Qir'aat Competitions
Pre-qualifying Round for Azan and Qir’aat: October 21st at Al-Farooq Masjid
Preliminary Round: October 28th 2023
Final Round: November 4th 2023 2 Berkmar High Schooll
Quiz Competition SyllabuS
Level 1: Grade 1 & 2
Level 2: Grade 3 & 4
Level 3: Grade 5 & 6
Level 4: Grade 7 & 8
Level 5: Grade 9 & 10
Quiz Competition Rules
Contestants must take part in the quiz competition. If you don’t participate in the Quiz competition, even if you win in any of the competitions, you will not qualify to win the contest, and the next Contestant / Winner will be awarded the prize who appears in the Quiz competition.
- Quiz questions/answers are uploaded on the website – above are the links.
- Quiz competition will only be from those specific questions uploaded on the website.
- Quiz Preliminary round will be on Oct 28th via Kahoot. Details will be shared with the contestants.
- – The final round of the Quiz competition will be on Nov 4th @ Berkmar High School.
- – Questions can be asked in different ways.
- Below is an example:
What was the title of Uthman (RA)? : Zun-Nurayn
Which companion has the title of Zun-Nurayn?: Uthman (RA)
- Below is an example:
This contest is open to all Contestants of ages 9 -16.
Category 1: Ages 9 – 12
Category 2: Ages 13 – 16
Contestants must take part in the quiz competition. If you don’t take part in the Quiz competition, even if you win in any of the following competitions, you will not qualify to win the contest, and the next Contestant / Winner will be awarded the prize who appears in the Quiz competition.
- – The Calligraphy contest will take place on November 4 at Berkmar High School.
- – All contestants are required to draw the following:
محمد رسول الل
- – Contestants will be given 35 minutes to complete their Artwork.
- – Calligraphy must be done freehand.
- – High-quality paper will be provided for the Artwork. The paper size will be 14′′ X 22′′ (36cm X 56cm)
- – Contestants are REQUIRED to bring their own drawing instruments.
- – Markers, pencils (colored or black), Crayons, Watercolors, and oil colors can be used.
- – Stencils, carbon papers, and other copying material will not be allowed.
- – During the competition, copying the artwork from any reference will not be allowed.
- – Contestants can use any style of calligraphy available and can also use their own style.
- – The calligraphy will be JUDGED based on its beauty, originality, and for its legibility.
Sheikh Abdul Basit Abdel Samad Award (Qiraa’h Competition)
The Qiraa’t competition will be held on October 21, 2023, at Masjid Al Farooq, and the final round will be on November 4 at Berkmar High School.
Category 1: Age 5 – 8 years:
- Surah Al-Lahab – Hifz students
- Surah Al-Naas – Non-Hifz students
Category 2: Age 9 – 12 years
- Surah Al-ZalZala – Hifz students
- Surah At-Takathur – Non-Hifz students
Category 3: Age 13-16
- Surah Al Duha – Hifz students
- Surah Al-Qadr – Non-HIfz students
- The Qiraa’t competition will be held on October 21, 2023, at Masjid Al Farooq, and the final round will be on November 4 at Berkmar High School.
- Contestants must recite the assigned Surahs mentioned on the flyer
- Memorizing the surah is optional in the non-Hifz category.
- Five contestants from each category will qualify for the final round,
- Contestants can participate in all contests – Qiraa’t, Azan, and Calligraphy
- All participants will be given a prize
Bilal Ibn Rabah Award (Azan Competition)
Category 1: Ages 5-8
Category 2: Ages 9 – 12
Category 3: Ages 13-16
- The Azan competition will be held on October 21, 2023, at Masjid Al Farooq, and the final round will be on November 4 at Berkmar High School.
- Participants will be required to recite full azan with proper tone and Tajweed.
- The Azan duration should be at most 3 minutes.
- Five participants from each category will qualify for the final on November 4 at Berkmar High School.